6/18/12

Sun 6/17 - AM 2.5 hours hike/run

Edmands Path and Crawford Trail in the White Mountains. The hike comes first for a reason, I don't think I ran for more than 40 minutes of the time I was out there. Partly this was due to the extreme steepness of the Edmands Path, more hideous than I had remembered and I remembered it being pretty ridiculous. 45 minutes for the purported 3 miles of trail, able to run the first half of the ascent but from then on it was hands on knees slogging. My shirt became a sweat rag in no time, despite the temps not being that high and of course dropping as the elevation rose. Upon gaining the ridge my motivation was mostly spent, ambled along for a time before realizing I wasn't going to make it even as far as Lake of the Clouds hut. No interest quite frankly, so cut my losses and turned around. Here again, the underlying fatigue shows itself. I had reservations about even attempting something this strenuous today after yesterday's turd, but in the end couldn't resist the chance to get up along the ridge. In the end, barely worth the effort. Descent as obnoxious as could be expected given the steepness, rocky footing, and sometimes slippery surfaces. At least I got some pictures while I was up there:

 north along Crawford path






south along Crawford Path, Edmands splits off to the right

No comments: