4/28/12

Fri 4/27 - PM 65 minutes incl. 8x1000

Back to the track even though I'd promised myself I would stay off it today and do this session on the Longfellow loop. Got started late after errands and a nap. Much like Tuesday, under those circumstances as dusk approaches it becomes impossible to resist the oval. Windy all day, blustery from the NW so I knew I'd be getting crushed by it no matter where I did the workout. Given the races coming up on Sunday, chose to stick with 8 reps, not that I had the energy or motivation to do more than that anyway. Of course, ran the reps such that I got the tailwind three times FWIW. Nothing spectacular about the splits but I have to wonder what the numbers would have been on a more still evening:

3:28, 3:25.6, 3:26.7, 3:26.4, 3:26.7, 3:26.9, 3:25, 3:24

stopped checking splits after the second rep, running on feel and seeing what that brought me at the end. Wind picked up even more on the final two reps, I ratcheted up the effort in response, and without meaning to the splits were faster for those two. Recovery jogs mostly 59-61, last one was 63 though.

No comments: