1/23/12

Sun 1/22 - PM 50 minutes easy

Charles river path. Went in planning to actually run a race on the track, never mind the lingering soreness from Thursday's miscalculation wearing spikes. 5 minutes into the warmup felt a twinge, two minutes later felt it again and that was that. Plainly obvious that I'm incapable of running fast, running period really, in anything but the thickest gunboat type of shoe. I've actually lost count now of how many times I've reaggravated this fucking thing, it takes some real ability to stretch out a muscle strain into 2+ months of purgatory. After watching a couple hours of the meet, incl. the joke of an old fart's race I was originally entered to run, I went for an easy jog along the river. Even that caused the calf to bark a bit. Unbelievable. Back to jogging to maintain my sanity, icing, massage, etc. No running in anything but the gunboats for the foreseeable future. I fucking hate this.

No comments: