11/3/11

Wed 11/2 - PM 50 minutes incl. 8x400

Semi-successful attempt at doing an actual workout, despite mojo still not back after the marathon and recent issues with getting to bed early enough. Set the bar intentionally low, 400s with 100 jog recoveries at something around tempo pace. Repeats avereaged around 80, recoveries 30 seconds. Also flexible going in as to pulling the plug if necessary after fewer repeats than planned. As the original plan was to do 16 reps the plug was indeed pulled. I also thought it would be a good idea not to check the watch so as not to get discouraged by what would surely be slow numbers. In hindsight I would have been better served checking the splits, as I thought I was going 2-3 seconds slower than actual. Tried to keep the effort relaxed and hold something back for later but it became clear that I had bitten off more than I could chew by #8. In the end it was a version of the Deek with truncated rest breaks.

No comments: