12/9/10

Wed 12/8 - PM 50 minutes incl. 4x1600

RLTAC, every step of the run done inside to avoid the continued cold windy conditions outside. Warmup 3 miles on the treadmill, no time for more than 4 reps on the track but I could have done at least one more at the pace I was going. 5:28. 5:25, 5:23, 5:17. Recovery jogs around 90 seconds. Each rep negative split, some more so than others. Kicked it home the last 250 of the last rep, felt controlled and surprisingly good. In fact, the last rep was if anything more relaxed and comfortable than the first one, which I'll take as a good sign. I was expecting to feel a lot more flat and tired. Left psoas held up fine, ankle a bit stiff to start but it felt better as I went along. Very pressed for time so the cooldown was seriously truncated to a 10 minute jog.

No comments: