4/8/10

Wed 4/7 - PM 85 minutes incl. 4x2000

jog over to Elm Bank from WHS, 4 reps around the perimeter road with an extra 200 tacked on to make it 2k (actually a bit more, like 40-50m or so), and then crawl back. Still immensely tired, mid-morning caffeine wasn't nearly enough to clear out the cobwebs entirely. It was also 85 degrees or so with a relentless westerly wind. It occurred to me as I was plodding over that I should have gone home, taken a nap, and done this workout on the Longfellow loop closer to sunset. Oh well. With all the extenuating circumstances, the pace of the reps was scaled back quite a bit, to mid 5:40s. The first three reps were all 7:17, the last one 7:08 as I finished with a flourish, relatively speaking. Had some doubts as to whether I'd be able to do all four as I was starting to feel overheated on the third one but it was quite doable. The wind was quite annoying. The soak in the river after the last rep was the best five minutes of my day if not week. Some airway soreness afterward, I was expecting it to be worse.

No comments: