10/23/08

Wed 10/22 - PM 80 minutes incl. 4x2k

Not a stellar effort but I was happy to get something done given how the right leg has been feeling, and the general flatness of late. Cold windy conditions not helpful either, had to bundle up compared to previous workouts this fall. Splits as follows, 200m jog between reps:

6:51
6:50.6
6:48.2 (first km 3:22, this hurt me later on)
6:52.7


Other than the too-fast start to #3, fell right into 82 pace and chugged along. I had planned on doing five but it became apparent during the fourth rep that I wouldn't be doing any more, started to fade in earnest during the last two laps. Stayed relaxed and smooth right to the end but definitely feeling fatigued. Right TFL area also starting to tighten up during the last rep. Stretched out the cooldown to 35 minutes as the warmup was on the brief side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the two quotes on Let's Run for Friday!!!

Mark Mayall said...

I can relate.