6/30/08

Sun 6/29 - AM 60 minutes incl. 5 miles in 28:10

Piss-poor effort on a flat 5 mile course. Signing up seemed like a good idea when I sent in my entry five days ago but between now and then I've run myself into a bit of a rut, and haven't slept enough. The coup de grace in this respenct was the re-emergence of the muscle ache in my jaw, aka the bane of my existence since getting the teeth filled. It had been less noticeable recently but was throbbing sufficiently to keep me from getting to sleep. As a result I was complete dead meat from the word go, in no condition to run hard though I tried to anyway. That lasted about a mile and half (first two miles just under 10:40), packed it in from there. Full-on get it over with mode, hovering at around 6 minute pace. Very humid but socked in with fog and cool right as the course ran right along the shore (Day Blvd). Crawled through a 10 minute cooldown, felt like taking a nap in the parking lot after it was over (and before the race for that matter). Planned PM run and swim went by the boards, desperately in need of rest instead.

No comments: