4/13/08

Sun 4/13 - PM 90 minutes incl. 7.6 mile Lincoln tempo

Lincoln tempo plus this loop which took me 43:15 to complete. I had originally entertained notions of a double tempo but I knew after the first three miles that this would be inadvisable. The 5:45 effort for the putative first tempo loop weren't overly hard, but I could tell there wasn't much more room, if any, to go faster on a second go-round. Instead of stopping at 4.6 I chose to add on another 3 miles at the same relatively modest pace. Having done the add-on as the warmup I knew what I was in for, i.e. a steady uphill trend on much of Conant Road which just about put me under. Really ready to get it over with at that point. Overall, splits were as follows:

5:45
5:53
5:40
3:22
5:30
11:40 - 2 miles plus maybe 50 yards or so on the add-on loop
5:25 - same last downhill mile a second time

Dragging ass on the hills and feeling plainly flat and tired. I was in no condition to tackle the challenges of the rolling terrain. It may well be overtraining time yet again. Certainly this workout fits in well with the trend of declining fitness that race results have demonstrated over the past three months. Hopefully more and better rest, if that's even possible, will take care of things. On and off rain showers, less annoying than the ever-present breeze which kept things on the chilly side.

No comments: