2/21/08

Thu 2/21 - PM 65 minutes, just over 9 miles on Magnolia Drive

First and hopefully not last visit to Boulder, had to pick between "Mags" and the Creek Path. I was leaning towards the path due to calf feeling like garbage and not wanting to aggravate it running hilly terrain but at the last minute changed my mind. After a vertiginous drive up from Canyon road to near where the road (sort of) levels off, I did an out and back that can be seen here which started at around 7900' and topped off somewhere over 8300' elevation. Overall distance a bit more than expected, I thought it was closer to 8 miles. Feeling the hypoxia on the mostly uphill out portion, particularly the first 10 minutes which were brutal. Thankfully wind was mostly at my back on the way out, headwind less of an issue coming back down. At the turnaround point (forest road intersection) I saw some of these.

Calf hung in there despite not feeling so great on the downhill stretches, felt better after the run which was encouraging. The road deserves its reputation and respect, on top of the elevation the terrain rolls in such a way that requires focus, with excellent scenery the reward. I only wish I could have gone longer, but there wasn't time. Afterwards I enjoyed a well-deserved fruit snack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A FRUIT SNACK!!!

Yummm....

But I thought one of those would only replace about seven minutes of your run???