12/5/07

Tue 12/5 - PM RLTAC 75 minutes incl. 2(8x200)

The weather and footing outside continue to be frightful, no real end in sight. Lots of ice underfoot to go along with colder than normal temps and a wind chill. I knew from the moment I parked my car that I would be doing all my running indoors. Warmed up on the treadmill (no longer so wretched after the day off yesterday), 4 miles in 29 minutes, followed by a set of drills and then two sets of 8x200 with 100 float (crawl). Five minutes recovery jog between sets. I took splits w/o looking at the watch, running on feel. It could have felt better quite frankly. Legs felt somewhat clunky and awkward, beyond what I would expect for any readjustment to running indoors. Left hammie was sore on the warmup as well and I didn't want to tweak it any worse. Nature of the workout forced me to find a sustainable level of turnover which was a little less than what I had thought myself capable of. The numbers bear this out:

first set
8:12.6 avg. rep 35.8 interval 25.8
second set
8:18.8 avg. rep 36.0 interval 26.3

the intervals slowed down to the 27 second range towards the end of the second set as I squeezed out every last drop of recovery from a scant 100m jog. I knew the first set was just a bit quick, but overall it was fairly consistent.

Cooldown was 25+ minutes on the floor and treadmill, followed by stretching. Left hip felt somewhat sore afterward, as it has off and on since the end of September.

No comments: