8/15/07

Tue 8/14 - PM 60 minutes in Lowell incl. 5k in 16:02

Mile splits of 5:05, 5:05 and 5:22. Felt much better warming up this week than last week, then went out and ran the first mile slower which was an unwelcome surprise. I knew I could make up the difference with an applied effort which is exactly what happened. In fact I knew about what the final time would be once I passed the two mile mark. Recovered much better after the race, cooldown wasn't the shuffle that it has been in previous weeks. The difficulty in getting going early I'll chalk up mostly to the last two days and more generally the lack of speedwork, both of which are entrely by design. I also had an unexpectedly large lunch (free pizza at work) which I was still feeling while warming up. Conditions were almost perfect, dry and still, warm but not hot. I'll go for the magical 16 minute barrier next week.

No comments: