11/7/16

Sat 10/29 - AM 90 minutes incl. half marathon

About what I might have expected, which is to say a dispiriting and slow effort. Not at all surprising really, although I kept up a brave front for a good chunk of the race. Maybe starting out slower in deference to my obviously compromised fitness level wasn't a consideration, or else I'm just that tone-deaf to what an appropriate pace would be for this distance at the moment. As it was, blasted through the first three miles at 5:45 pace and each mile after that was slower than the one before. Which would have been tolerable had I not been keelhauled by a 52 year old just before the 8 mile mark. I was at least 30 seconds up on him at the halfway point. The rest of the way was an increasingly uncomfortable trudge as I bonked in earnest the last two miles. Jogged it in the last mile which is the difference between running 79 and 80 minutes.

No comments: