5/12/16

Fri 5/6 - PM 75 minutes incl. 12k progression run

Longfellow loop. Pressed for time and trying to figure out what kind of timed pickup workout to do right up until I was heading up the street to the start of the loop, when I realized a continuous effort would be both more effective and a more effective use of the limited time available. No time for any kind of nap, thankfully not as tired as I have been lately though so I was able to dodge that bullet. Finally something of a break in the miserable awful weather, warmer and not quite as windy. Still not exactly ideal and somewhat blustery. Tried to hold something back on the first two laps, thought I had gone out too quick early on but the last lap was a pleasant surprise. Splits:

5:56/5:58/2:49
5:52/5:58/2:49
5:46/5:46/2:42

It occurred to me while out on the loop that I could just as easily do splits by km and not miles and have more data points.

No comments: