12/8/15

Sun 12/6 - AM 60 minutes incl. 5k road race

Pancake flat 5k in Mansfield, my early December fitness check at this point. Results not so promising, felt flat and listless from the moment I woke up and unable to maintain anything resembling a decent pace. Nothing to run for in terms of place which removed any competitive motivation, not that I could have done much better than the thoroughly mediocre 5:30 or so pace I ended up with. In fact the last mile was likely close to 5:50 as pride finally gave way to some semblance of logic and I shut it down somewhat in the final 600m or so. Not sleeping enough or well enough, same old story there. This will start to matter a lot more in a few weeks' time when I'm trying to actually race worth a damn. A shame what with near perfect conditions, relatively warm with only light breezes. Went for a meandering cooldown with the CH followed later on in the afternoon with a nostalgic hike around Great Hill, first visit there in years and all the more enjoyable for the company. How I ever made a habit of running on those rocky slippery trails I'll never know.

No comments: