10/21/15

Sun 10/18 - AM 70 minutes incl. 10k road race

Second and final leg of the Wayland racing tour. Almost two minutes faster than last year but still well-beaten, by almost three minutes in fact. Outcome a foregone conclusion. Feeling very vulnerable after the tired and useless week of jogging I'd just experienced, not at all sure what kind of pace I could hold for any length of time. Sucked out for a too-quick 5:30 first mile, then quickly settled into 6 minute pace or thereabouts for the rest of the way. Course appears to be a tenth of a mile long which doesn't jibe with the splits I was able to get, although perhaps I finished faster than I'm giving myself credit for. Warmup was abbreviated and inadequate, cooldown a nice relaxed out and back trip along the rail bed with lovely company to check out the milkweed. Cold and windy day again.

No comments: