5/19/15

Sat 5/16 - AM 35 minutes incl. 5k

Front half of a perhaps ill-advised double dip weekend. Couldn't resist the sandbagging opportunity that I also took advantage of last year, even though the date for this year was bumped back two weeks into the same weekend as the half marathon in Pittsfield. Hoping to put in as little effort here as was required last year. As it turns out I had to go a bit quicker but still quite manageable. Feeling less refreshed than I would have liked upon getting out of bed, which was followed by a solid hour plus of driving to get to the race site. Started out faster than I would like, as I felt irrationally compelled to stay among the top 3 from the get-go. A prize winning spot was assured by around the mile mark and spent the rest of the way gradually decelerating. Minimal warmup and cooldown, as I didn't want to overdo it on volume in advance of tomorrow. Sunny morning but with a reasonably stiff breeze.

No comments: