2/20/14

Wed 2/19 - double, 1:50 total

AM - 60 minutes, Saguaro NP. Out and back on the Douglas Springs trail, to Bridal Wreath falls and back. Right leg felt like absolute garbage throughout. The steepness of the trail, which I had conveniently forgotten about even though it's hardly my first time, didn't help matters. Calf tight as a drum which made it difficult both up and down. This detracted from what was otherwise a delightful morning to be outside, cool as the sun was just coming up over the mountain.



 the falls
 downstream
 a trickle at the moment

PM - 50 minutes very easy. Originally I had planned on doing a loop that would take me by Santa Rita park near the end for some much-needed stretching. While I did make it to the park eventually it was clear the loop was much longer than I thought and so turned back and cut over through barrio viejo to get there. Dark by the time I arrived. Crawling along with right hamstring and calf both firmly stuck. Able to do most of the usual flexibility routine and just as important, some rolling on the lax ball which relieved a massive trigger point near the iliac crest.

No comments: