3/19/12

Sun 3/18 - double, 1:45 total incl. 12k progression run

AM - 70 minutes incl. 12k on the Longfellow loop. Got started later than I would have liked, which officially put paid to any delusions I had of doing 4 loops instead of 3. Started out too quick (first 200m in 42, 800m 2:52) into a headwind to boot. Paid for it a bit later on but able to recover enough to pick up the pace substantially the final mile or so. Didn't increase the effort overly, in part because I was already pushing right to the edge of the threshold to begin with. The wind, which was steady from the SSW, played a role in this. After feeling like death warmed over the past two days I'll take it. Starting to feel like the fatigue from travel is wearing off finally. Splits:

5:50/5:54/2:48
5:51/5:54/2:52
5:50/5:41/2:44

Compares favorably to the last time I did this (2/12), although it was quite cold and windy that day.

PM - 35 minutes easy. Ridiculously warm, with the temps trending upward throughout the course of the day it was warmer at sunset when I did this shakeout than it was near noontime when I did the progression run. Legs feeling better than I thought they would although the SI joint definitely felt stuck.

No comments: