2/23/12

Wed 2/22 - PM 60 minutes incl. 8x 3 minute pickups

Levittown. Still feeling it from Sunday, both in the calves and overall in terms of fatigue. Previously planned to do timed 800s on the Longfellow loop, but the tiredness made me go with something based solely on effort instead of hitting a pace number instead. While warming up I had my doubts about the wisdom of trying to do any kind of workout at all, but gave it a go nonetheless with 3 on/1 off. Earlier in the day I had notions of doing 10 reps, but after the fifth one I could feel the effort starting to flag and I knew 8 would be the limit. Felt like I was slowing a bit over the last 3 reps, either that or the same pace was requiring more of an effort. Calves sore throughout, right one remains surprisingly stiff and in the back of my mind I feel like it could go on me if I'm not careful. Warm conditions during the day but with a persistent wind, difficult to judge what to wear so of course I overdressed.

No comments: