3/9/11

Tue 3/8 - double, 2:30 total

AM - 2+ hours, Saguaro NP. Out and back along the Douglas Springs trail. For the third day in a row, didn't make it as far as I had planned or hoped, laid low by the difference between regular miles and mountain trail miles. Theoretically it was just over 6 miles to get from the trailhead to the Douglas Springs campground, I gave up after about 70 minutes of climbing multiple sets of switchbacks with what I think was the campground in sight but literally a ridge too far. Footing was for the most part agreeable enough, certainly better than yesterday's run at Ventana Canyon. Left hip tight in the usual places, responded in the usual way to direct pressure and held up well enough.

PM - 25 minutes, incl. drills and strides. Found a ball field nearby that had the best grass on which I've ever twinkled my toes. Like running on a carpet.

No comments: