6/3/08

Tue 6/3 - PM 70 minutes incl. 4x800

Second dud workout in a row, planned on 6x800 with 2.5R but it wasn't happening. Splits as follows:

2:23.9
2:23.5
2:24.6
2:26.6

started to feel the fatigue set in on the third one, but stalled in earnest at the 400 mark of the fourth rep at which point I knew it was my last one. Sterling final lap of 74. Working out alone a drag, and an obnoxious SW wind that wouldn't quit didn't help matters any. Had I waited another hour or so it would have subsided to a gentle breeze, but I didn't have that kind of time. As with the curtailed session Friday, this one can be chalked up to not getting enough sleep last week as a result of the toothache. As ever, bouncing back takes far longer than it took to get stuck in the rut. Took a dip in the pond on the cooldown, the water is still on the chilly side but I'm planning on getting into the aquajogging again soon nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why quit--those times are good??

Mark Mayall said...

unable to run faster than 74 pace at the end, I overestimated my capabilities and underestimated how flat I was. Continuing would have been an exercise in frustration, with the added bonus of making it much harder to bounce back before Saturday's race. Nothing to be gained from gutting it out.