5/15/08

Wed 5/14 - 75 minutes incl. 4k tempo, 4x800

A better effort than last week's solo Wednesday workout, although modified somewhat from what I'd originally planned. Looking to do a 4k tempo-type effort with negative splits followed by repeats at around 5k pace. Splits as follows:

4k 13:29 (3:26/3:25/3:20/3:18)
5R
2:29.6
2:28.8
2:28.4
2:26.9
2.5R between 800s

The first 4 laps of the 4k went in 5:30 and then averaging 80 second laps the rest of the way. As such the second half of it was just a bit outside my comfort zone, true tempo was closer to the 82-3 laps I was hitting early on. Shooting for a more gradual increase in the pace instead of switching gears halfway, but overall the same result. Not especially confident about how the 800s would go, after the first rep I thought I would stop at 3 and maybe some 200s but after the second rep changed my mind and stuck with 4. All were run at or close to even paced. Nothing spectacular time-wise but I'll take it, considering that the tempo created some fatigue going in. This is something I like about these combination workouts, I plan on doing them more frequently going forward. Conditions cooler and windier than I would have preferred but not awful either.

No comments: