4/10/08

Wed 4/9 - PM 90 minutes easy, Walden woods

Soreness in medial aspect of left ankle got most of my attention today, feeling it the moment I got out of bed and then after getting up from prolonged periods of sitting at work. Not sure to what degree it would work itself out upon starting to run, and while it took a few minutes, it did loosen up. Still felt awkward and unstable. Combined with expected post-workout day fatigue it was a slow-going effort. The awkward twist I experienced Monday has to be the root cause of this, as I rolled my ankle in instead of out. Soreness mostly gone on the lateral aspect but persists on the inside of the ankle. Still sore afterwards, but I'm hopeful it won't significantly hinder training and racing going forward. Time will tell. Warmer today, enough to go bare-legged. Nice to be back in the woods again. In lieu of strides did a sustained pickup the last 800m or so to get the run over with.

No comments: